Friday, August 28, 2009

More Screaming! Infomercial Day

Yepper...the things we have to do...or I should say the things we have to read to make a living and pay the bills. There was a time when my voice was used for hospitals, banks and pharmaceuticals. A nice, relaxed and soothing tone. I would read in a slow pace, with an ever so slight smile on my face. We call that knowing reassurance. I would read :30 of copy for a :60 spot. Meaning I had time to make the words actually mean something.
Today was day three of screaming, with copy that literally read - "But wait! There's more!" And..."If you call right now!"

1 comment:

  1. But it's jobs like that that make you appreciate the :30 in :60 kind!

    Actually, I look at them all as part of the landscape of vo! Hey! It's a gig, right?

    ReplyDelete