Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Over Exposure

The other day I was pretty much bitch slapped by my Manager. I was hoping for some good news, perhaps that my LA Agent had finally gotten my a gig after 145 consecutive auditions. Nope. In fact they wanted to drop me??? Yes. It's true! Something about my overexposure. Huh, I thought in this age of free digital speech and marketing, especially in the voice business, this is exactly what you're supposed to do.
Boy was I wrong! They feared I was too out there and was devaluing myself as one of their clients.
What with my Voice Actor Group on Linkedin, my Straight Shootin' webisodes on Itunes, the Reality TV show I've been writing, The accompanying book, The Facebook groups. The Youtube posts, The Twittering...the Voice Work TV Show Hats I've been selling, promoting and donating proceeds from. My monthly newsletter blasts. My networking, traveling, mentoring, tutoring, demo producing.
So, that being said, I have pulled myself from just about everything to see if my stock goes up. I am for all intents and purposes. Dead in the Water.
I'm betting no one really cared then, and no one will care as I slowly fade into digital oblivion. I am certain it won't make a difference.
So, that being said we shall see.

No comments:

Post a Comment