Thursday, August 27, 2009

Voice Over Delivery - Screaming vs. Talking


I just finished my first session of the day and man is my throat killing me! The direction from the client was - hard sell, fast pace, loud. Can you guess what kind of spot we're talking about? Yep, car dealer.
At what point in the advertising business did someone think that the louder you scream, rant and yell the more cars you will sell? I never understood that. Why can't we just talk to our audience. Why do we have to beat them into submission to buy a car? Maybe that's one of the reasons the auto industry is suffering. Oh well, unfortunately money talks...and I'm getting paid to give them exactly what they want...As a matter of fact I was so forceful and hard sell that I did the copy in :57 not :59.9.
Often times I'll get copy that's 1:05 and it will be electronically compressed to make it in time. Talk about 5 lbs. of shit in a 1lb. bag!
Well, back to the grind.

No comments:

Post a Comment